Wednesday, April 11, 2012

You can CHANGE....

Salad: green leaves, tomatoes, avocados, apples and bell pepper.


It dawned on me that this is the way I have been changing my eating habits. 
For over a year now, slowly and consistently I am changing them.

It's a really good article. Now, it's bookmarked so I can read it again and again.

Here are some of the changes I have accomplished in over a year now:

* I no longer drink coffee loaded with sugar in the morning, 
I drink a green smoothie loaded with kale, spinach 
or 
any other green leaves I have on hand.

* I don't drink sweet tea with meals when we go out, I drink Water.

* I am eating more fruits and vegetables everyday.

* I take a multivitamin, fish oil and VITEX every day.

* I am baking my own bread  most of the time.

* No more cokes or sodas on the weekends. 
Sometimes I will take a sip of someone else's drink and decide that I just don't like the taste. :)

* I am consciously being more active without joining a gym.

* When I crave something sweet, creamy or fatty I go for dark chocolate. 
It actually helps me lose weight.

The consequences: I lost weight, have more energy and feel a whole lot better!!!

 What do you think? What do you want to change in your life?


Blessings,
Tereza

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Your change of diet sounds great, Tereza!

We are similar in some ways. The children drink milk or water and we don't eat sugar - except for the occasional treat.

I also get my exercise from the day's activities rather than a sport. I like that it seems natural and I don't have to find extra time for a routine.

I used to eat dark chocolate and I still like it beat. Since cutting out sugar, we have found that we can't eat a lot of sweet food, anymore, but our taste buds are more perceptive, nowadays.

Hmm, what do I want to change in my life? Not too much, I think - I really love my life, but I could be more disciplined, I guess. That's why I'm writing plans for this term's work, even though we'll still learn the unschooling way. I need something to be accountable to or I don't get enough done.

God bless:)
Vicky