Saturday, February 28, 2009

Vintage Chipboard Baby Shower Guest Book

I just can't thrown scraps away...paper, left over ribbon, stickers, embellies...anything. I have a hard time throwing anything away. There is soup every week in my house. LOL :) That's another post in my other blog. :)

anyway, I used some of my left over Acid Free white cardstock and some gorgeous vintage papers and created this soooo cute book. At first, my idea was to provide a place for a new Mom to write down things about her Baby Girl.

How many of you that have children can remember when they began teething, when did they first smiled, or said Ma-ma? I always ask Grandmothers what did they do in certain situations when their children were little, or how did they children behave or what happened when... and they can't remember. So, the idea was to provide a cute little notebook that the Mom could write down those special little things that happen, and because the papers are Acid Free if she wanted to she could turn it into a Scrapbook and add photos. The book is perfect for wallet size pictures.

But then again, it could also be used as a sign in Guest book at a Baby shower. All your friends and ladies could write their advice and blessings down during the event.

The book measures 3.5" x 6.5". The actual white pages measure 2.5"x 5.5". I have added layers of embellishments, ruffles, stitching and stamping. Each page has been hand stamped and makes a gorgeous one of a kind vintage style keepsake. Both front and back covers are made of chipboard for a sturdy finish.

Here are the photos.





Here are some more photos of how the book is held together and the stamping on the pages.




The book is for sale in my Etsy shop. Enjoy and God bless, :)

Tereza

9 comments:

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Tereza!

Nice post! I know several women who might enjoy thi book.

If you get the opportunity, please say a prayer for the prayer requests on our main page. We would be honored if you became a follower also.

God bless you,

Mark Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

Paulien van den Bosch said...

Oh my gosh.... this is absolutely darling!!!!!
I soooo love this!

Debbie said...

Ooh wow this is so beautiful Tereza, I love the vintage images and all the pretty details...stunning work! Debbie x

marina said...

everthing you made is so beauitful!! love the tags ") marina

marina said...

you are so talented do you do blogs? marina

Tereza Crump said...

hi Marina, thank you for featuring my tags. :) I will attempt a blog banner for you. Give me a few days and I will email you something. :) tereza

Lynn Biermann said...

Wow Tereza, this is really beautiful! Such a special work of art! tfs :)

Beth in NC said...

That is beautiful!!!

I wanted to thank you for your sweet post on my blog! And I also want to encourage you to share your story with the two women who I mentioned on that blog. You'd be surprised how many women on here have experienced the same as you. Thank you for sharing your sweet heart with me. I hope you will visit me often. (I am heading out of town this morning ... returning late tomorrow night. No access to blogspot.)

Many blessings!
Beth

Unknown said...

Oi Tereza, quanto trabalho lindo voce faz!

Obrigado por visitar o meu blog.

Beijos