Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Home birth is a beautiful option!




" I don't want to minimize this experience,
 I want to EXPERIENCE it."
 by Ina May Gaskin

That was the reason why I wanted to have a home birth after delivering 2 babies at a hospital. Both births were normal vaginal deliveries with epidurals, BUT there were so many interventions and so little freedom that although my babies were healthy I felt robbed.

If you ever thought of having a natural delivery, with no interventions, or white jacketed personnel around you, or maybe in the security of your home, listen to yourself. Research your dream, your desire, don't discard it just because 80% of births today happen in a hospital! It wasn't always like that. It doesn't have to be that way.

Below Ina May Gaskin, the midwife who helped women, who did not want to believe the lie that birth is unsafe, pursue the experience of it. Enjoy!



Blessings,
Tereza

No comments: