Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What are you reading?


A while back I shared how as a homeschooling Mom of 4 I still manage to read and how I do it.

Today I want to share with you the books that are currently part of my reading pile.

- The Bible. I read it everyday when I do devotions with the children. Then I try to read it later by myself or meditate on a few verses during the day.

From my library I snatched a few very interesting books:

- It's my Turn. by Ruth Bell Graham
While Billy Graham carried on his work throughout the world, Ruth Graham carried on her work of bringing up five children. In this book, she provides a charming behind-the-scenes look at the Graham's life. Mrs. Graham is a wise woman and this book is really encouraging me and helping me see the vision and purpose of keeping home.

- No Excuses by Kyle Maynard
the true story of a congenital amputee who became a champion in wrestling and in life.

- Half the Sky - Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide by Nicholas D.Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn  - Stories of women around the world and how liberal organizations are helping them turn their lives around. I thought this book was very bias. In many instances they criticized Christians efforts and organizations because of their Pro-Life position. It was eye opening and helped me have a Biblical point of view of issues.

Books I have recently purchased and been reading through:

The Mission of Motherhood and The Ministry of Motherhood both books by Sally Clarkson.

Future Men by Douglas Wilson

Visionary Womanhood Gatherings E-Book   by Natalie Klejwa

No Ordinary Child: Unlocking the Leader Within Your Child by Denise mira

Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham Jr.

As I shared in the post I linked at the beginning of this post I really believe the Lord speaks to me through books I read. I feel He is strenghtening me and showing me my purpose as a Mother and the vision He has for my family and children.

What are you reading? What is the Lord showing you at this time?

Be blessed,

Tereza

No comments: