Friday, September 16, 2011

Super Mom is back!


The other day I wrote a post sharing how I had a good day at our house - got schooling done, cleaned house and we had a peaceful ambiance. Ha! Well, if you are a doer like me, you probably have felt like Super Mom before when you got your list accomplished. I did. I felt good.

Well, Super Mom, was back this week again. She baked cookies. No, not cookies from a tub or a frozen package. From scratch!!! Yes, she found all the ingredients in her pantry and baked cookies with her children. Five dozen of them!!! Isn't that amazing??!! I thought so, specially since she has done that probably 3 times in 8 years since her first child was born.

Super Mom at my house cooks homemade meals from scratch almost everyday. But she doesn't bake! She thinks it's superfluous!! Not necessary. Ha!

Well, I will tell you that Super Mom enjoyed her time with her children as she baked the cookies. They reviewed math concepts as they mixed in the ingredients; we had some cozy warm feelings; wonderful memories were made in the new remodeled kitchen and the recipe turned out so good that Super Mom will be baking more cookies. :)

So, if you would like to be Super Mom too, try this recipe. Now instead of M&Ms, I used the chocolate chips I found in my pantry, plus a bar of dark chocolate. Instead of 1 1/2 cup of M&Ms, I had 1 cup of chocolate chunks. We did find a few lost M&Ms in the back of the pantry so we used them to decorate some of the cookies.

If you are not a Super Mom who bakes I would definitely advice you to try it! Your children's smiles will be worth it!!!

Next week, I will share how Super Mom is becoming an Art Major and teaching her children art at the same time! Ha!

What have you been up to with your children?

Blessings,
Tereza

No comments: