Friday, February 25, 2011

It's one of those....

crazy weeks. I woke up sick on Monday morning and had to cancel our field trip to celebrate and learn more about President's Day. Then on Wednesday my DD1 woke up with hives all over her body. Took her to the doctor but as usual their diagnosis is mostly "ear infection". I wonder if that is all they learn in medical school?

I really like this book How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor. It has helped me a lot to sort through doctors' appointments.

Anyway, it's been 3 days. We are monitoring her and she is doing great: playing, eating and moving about like there is nothing wrong. And really there isn''s just that her body is in a war zone right now and having a major allergic reaction so we need to monitor her so that it doesn't escalate into anyphylaxis. So the rashes come and go everywhere and in different places on her body every time.

Sometimes these hives can be caused by a virus, or inflammation or an allergy to something. I think what caused this one is her teething. Anyway... these hives last 3 to 5 days to complete disappear.

This morning she woke up with a very swollen lower lip so we began Prednisone to avoid anyphylaxis. She is fine now, but we have to finish the medication even when there is no more swelling or rashes.

so it's been a crazy week... I am still not over my cold, unschooling has really taking off at my house (pun intended) and I have a custom order midway. I managed to upload some sale items on my SALE PAGE and if you are interested head that way.

I am hoping to be back to normal next week.. y'all have a great weekend and thank you Jesus for healing us! :)


PS God is still good and I am glad I went to the doctor because we filled the prescription she gave us and when we needed it (this morning) we had it. I wonder how people did back in the time when there was no medications for allergic reactions???? If you know, let me know. :)


Martha Lever said...

HI! Just wanted to thank you for your comment and you know, I agree about the font. It is cute but I think it makes mine tired too. I am changing it right now!
THanks! oxox

Stacy Cohen said...

I hope your daughter gets better soon! I can imagine it's a little scary. That card is beautiful . . . you know I have a thing for shoes. :) Thanks so much for the comment on my blog!

Martha Lever said...

Hi Tereza,
I used a travel Koi watercolor set and a Micron Pen for the outlines. I lay down the water first then drop in the color. I pretty much refine the shape with the markers. Sometimes they are good and sometimes they are not.:)
Thank you for your comment!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the clean look of the black and white with a pop of color. Thanks for playing in our Mother's Day challenge at Operation Write Home!