Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thrifty Thursday: The Day time stood Still

I decided in the beginning of this year not to buy any more papers and embellishments until I downsize my studio. I had way too many papers from old collections that I love and just couldn't part with them. So I am using them. It has been a breath of fresh air to find new ways to use them. I have been incorporating them to more artistic and free style scrapbooking and it has been so much fun.

Here is a layout I just finished last week.




All the papers used are old... maybe 5 to 6 years old. Some are from Walmart and some from a QVC kit I purchased. could you tell??


I drew some flowers on a brick colored paper and then cut it out. I then stamped some white prima flowers I had on hand and added some orange brads for color. There!! My own customized flowers. I talked about how to customize your letters HERE or how to distress brads and eyelets HERE. 



Some plain old white acrylic paint brushed on the background and then sprinkled on it made for a sure artistic and shabby look. 

So here is my Thrifty Thursday tip: use your old papers to their advantage. For example, if the paper is vintagy and has vintage image on them, cut them out and use them as embellishments. If the papers are colorful use strips or small pieces of it to bring color to your layout. Are the papers too busy?? cut them into strips and make flowers out of them or punch out circles and create your own background.




There is so much out there and I just can't afford it all. So I am revamping my old papers. How about you? What do you do with old collections?

For more Thirfty Thursdays come HERE.


Be blessed,

Tereza

4 comments:

Asas à imaginação said...

Olá, Tereza!
Vi sua postagem lá no ScrapLounge e vim conhecer seu blog.
Como comentei lá, seu LO é muito criativo com o uso desses papéis mais antigos, muito bem aproveitados; junto com as demais técnicas que você usou deu um efeito bem especial...gostei muito.
Então, quem sabe tendo seguidoras brasileiras você possa não esquecer sua língua de origem...quando quiser,podemos papear pelos blogs.
Já estou como sua seguidora, visete-me também, vou adorar.Sou nova no mundo do scrap mas, já estou encantada com ele!
Um abraço
Marlei

ARTES ANDRÉA PRADO said...

Olá Tereza,tudo bem???
Vi sua postagem no Scraplounge, e vim conhecer seu blog.Tudo lindo aqui.
Achei seu LO maravilhoso, sou iniciante no scrap, mais já completamente viciada, heheehehhehe
Fico enlouquecida, com os materias de scrap, afffffff, e vc tá no paraíso das compras nessa área, não é mesmo?? Aqui no Brasil, ainda é tudo muito caro, afffffff.
Adoraria participar do seu give Away.
O blog tá com problema, não consegui seguir nenhum blog mais e nem adc postagem, etc, afffff
Bjssss, ótimo final de semana pra ti

sonhos de scrapbook said...

Olá, Tereza!
Vi sua postagem lá no ScrapLounge e vim conhecer seu blog.
Adorei seu blog e seu LO maravilhoso ...passa no meu blog tb....beijos

Maria Luisa said...

Bom dia.
Adorei suas discas e seu trabalho é lindo.
Foi um prazer te conhecer.
Passa lá no meu blog tb e conheça os meus trabalhos.
Bjim
Maria Luisa
http://maruisapapelearte.blogspot.com/