|Roasted vegetables with dried herbs and olive oil.|
I am down to 218 pounds!! It's been over 10 years since I have seen this number.
If you remember, I wrote HERE how I lost 20 pounds. That was last year in January. You can go to that link to find out how I did it.
Well life went on and my new lifestyle went by the way side, but NOT completely! Although I was NOT eating vegetarian most of the time, I still kept doing a few things that in the long run helped continue to shed pounds although more slowly and not as painfully.
This is what we did as a family:
1) we no longer drink sweet tea with dinner. I serve water to everybody. Occasionally the adults will have a soda on the weekends, and the children will have sweet tea.
2) The children no longer drink juice with their breakfast. I fix them fruit smoothies with my homemade yogurt and I add flaxseed oil and honey. Or we will eat fresh fruit and drink water.
3) I kept active. No, I don't go to the gym and I don't have a strict exercise routine. I just seek out exercise and stay moving. For example, we bought a new house in June and we have now 4 plus acres to mow. Well, I decided to learn how and each day would pick a patch and work at it for an hour or more. By the time I was done mowing all the patches, it was time to start again. :) But I had such a great time and I burned a lot of calories and shed a few pounds. Another thing I am doing is reading my emails and browsing blogs standing up instead of sitting down. Those are just a few ideas of how a SAHM can move more without joining a gym. What are some of the things you could do?
4) Began taking a supplement and still do everyday. Most people are deficient in B vitamins and minerals. If you drink sodas you definitely need a mineral supplement because the sodas rob you of calcium and potassium. I take Life's Fortune and I really like. It gives me energy throughout the day.
5) I have a bowel movement everyday. If you don't have one, begin by drinking more water, not juice or coffee, just plain water. Then begin eating more fruits and vegetables. I love prunes. Eat 2 a day to get you regulated or try drinking 1/2 cup of prune juice first thing in the morning. Just Google Bowel Movement if you need to understand why it is so important, or watch Hoarding: Buried Alive to see why you need to get rid of trash everyday.
So that is what I was doing when January 10th came along and then we began a fast in our church. The fast only lasted 10 days and we called it a Daniel Fast. A Daniel fast is Bible based and it consists of fruits and vegetables only.
|Savory apple salad with balsamic vinegar.|
My DH and I decided to join in and after 10 days we had lost weight, felt lighter and so good. So I was doing some research and found EAT to Live. After reading about it, searching for reviews and blogs I figured that it was similar to what we did last year but with more restrictions. So again, I proposed to my DH that we do the lifestyle again for 5 days a week and eat whatever we want on the weekends.
It's been a month since we began, my DH has lost 20 pounds and his blood sugar is now normal. I lost almost 15 pounds and I am feeling soooooooo good.
Next post I will share how our lifestyle is different from Eat to Live regiment. And what a daily menu actually looks like. Are you interested???