Friday, February 24, 2012

Breakfast of Champions

I shared HERE how I lost weight and what I am doing.

Today I want to share with you, two of my favorite breakfast options. Now, remember this is a vegetarian breakfast. There are no eggs, or meat, but there is a little cheat. ;)


Green Smoothie

2 cups of frozen fruit (any type you like. Here I used peach, pineapples and strawberries)
1 ripe banana
water
2 handfuls of baby spinach
1 tablespoon of milled flaxseed

Blend everything together until smooth. No sugar or sweetener was used. There is really no need for it if your banana is really ripe. 


Steel Cut Oats with fruit and yogurt

I soak my steel cut oats in water and 2 T of whey from my homemade yogurt for 24 hours outside the refrigerator. I read that soaking the oats make them more digestible and you are able to absorb the minerals and vitamins from it much better. After 24 hours I rinse the oats and cook them in water. Because they have soaked they cook much faster, in about 10-20 minutes depending how soft you like them.

I cook a batch and keep in the fridge. In the morning I scoop a portion into a bowl and heat it up in the microwave. I add slices of one ripe banana, a handful of frozen blueberries and (here is my cheat!) a dollop of my homemade yogurt with no sugar or sweetener added.

Yumm-O!! Enjoy!!!

What does your breakfast of champions look like?

Tereza

No comments: