When BoBunny came out with these Altered Word albums made of chipboard I quickly grabbed me a few. They are so much fun to make. I have made a BELIEVE album, a couple of BABY albums, a LOVE album and my latest one is a FAMILY album.
With my first 4 I used pattern paper to cover each letter and then proceeded to embellish and place the mats. With my last one I wanted to try something different.
I also purchased the SPLENDOR paper kit from BoBunny with My Enabler. I just loved all the reds, black and touches of green and yellow of that collection. So I thought a black background to the paper would look beautiful.
So my quick take on the album was to PAINT the whole album with BLACK acrylic paint and then stamp it with white ink. Oh, I had so much fun.
Here are the photos...
I also painted some Prima flowers. I didn't have the red and green flowers I was looking for so I painted them. Here is a closer look at that technique.
I also wanted to use some felt but didn't want to go spend money on it. So I used the felt I had in my stash: those 8x11" pieces of felt you can buy at any craft store. I stamped on them and cut out some pretty flourishes. Here is another closer look at that technique.
Here are a few more looks at the album. I added glossy accents to some of the flowers and die cuts to give the embellishments that glossy and smooth 3D finish.
If you would like to see more photos of the album check out the link to my Ebay listings. The photos are huge and you can see lots of details. :)
Have a blessed weekend :)