Thursday, January 13, 2011

oh, the little things....

I am expecting guests this evening. They will stay until next Monday... they have come from 5,000 miles away and I haven't seen them in 5 years. It's a good thing they are coming.

So I have been cleaning. You know those things that you don't clean everyday? yes, those....


I have 3 children between 8 and 3 years old and they help out in the kitchen a lot. My 3 y.o. loves to cook and watch and help out. She says,  "Momma, I help you?" I want to say "No. Let me do it by myself. It's faster and cleaner." but how can I?? So she helps and most of the time I try to enjoy it instead of worrying about the mess.

As I was cleaning the kitchen cabinets and drawers' hardware, I saw some tiny fingerprints everywhere. The places that used to be touched by me only... now have children sticky fingerprints all over them. The utensils drawer had juice spill all over it. The drawer that holds the place mats had dirt all over it. I got helpers now that set the table for us. They clean up, they chop up vegetables, they help make salad. They spill pancake batter while Daddy fixes breakfast. They lick spoons and bowls. Places where I usually don't clean because I am too busy teaching, cooking, doing laundry, vacuuming, playing with the children...

Oh, all these little sticky fingerprints... the guests won't see them because I wiped them away, but they will be forever in my memories. :)

Have a great weekend, :)

Tereza

No comments: